Creating a fun, safe and generous space, open to everyone.
Awareness Through Movement® (ATM) consist of verbally directed movement sequences presented primarily to groups. During ATM lessons you are guided in precisely structured movement explorations. Lessons may be based on developmental movement patterns, ordinary functional activities or more abstract movement explorations. Comfortable, easy movement gradually evolve into movements of greater range and complexity.
Contemplative Dance Practice (CDP) was developed by Barbara Dilley, an influential dancer, performer and teacher for over 60 years. In the early 1970's she was asked by her meditation teacher, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, to create a form that could bring meditation into movement and space awareness.
Evenly divided into sections of sitting meditation, personal warm-up and "open space" improvisation, this practice provides opportunities to sensitize our awareness of ourselves as a system, and to observe how that system interacts with, affects, and is affected by the systems we move through.
"Explore your way of bringing meditation awareness into movement in this very moment ... It's time for self-care, research, and courting the unexpected. Wait for sudden images and sensations to surprise you, to move you. Follow them. Develop them. And rest often. Encourage Kinesthetic Delight." - Barbara Dilley
Check back soon for new class schedule.
Workshops & Special Events
New workshops coming. Check back frequently for more information.
Past workshops include:
- Falling/Not Falling: Exploring Stability & Transition
- Self Healing for Insomnia & The Stresses of Life
- Fluidity: Connecting Inspiration with Perception through you Open Body - Port Townsend School of Art
- Moving Well & Aging Gracefully - Avamere Seniors Community, Port Townsend
- Self Care for Fiber Artists, The Weaving Works, Seattle
- Embodied Practices: Earth Descent
- Getting Ground Gracefully
- Special workshop designed for Team Survivor/Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Special workshop designed for Kinesis Myofascial Integration (KMI) Professional Training
- Small Dance: Exploring Pure Origin